5/25/14

Bowery Burger, NYC

A 100% grass-fed cheeseburger on a brioche bun for only $5 bucks in NYC? I checked the Bowery Burger menu board twice to make sure I hadn't hallucinated. Located in the Bowery Whole Foods, it also serves turkey burgers and hot dogs plus gluten-free and vegetarian options. I bypassed the $2 hand-cut fries (choose from sweet potato or regular) but spied them on another customer's plate. The portion appeared generous.

GRASS-FED Burger

I'm a fan of burgers with discernible searing and top-notch buns. The bottom of mine was wimpy and not sturdy enough to support the toppings I chose. Despite that, it tasted delectable. In addition to the price, the array of toppings available besides standard lettuce, tomatoes, and pickles also made my burger a great deal. I'm talking garlic aioli, chili, whole slices of grilled onions, and premium cheese choices.

They say you should never buy groceries on an empty stomach. I agree, and grabbing a Bowery Burger should be at the top of your shopping list.

No comments :

Post a Comment