3/22/13

Collard, Onion and Mango Chutney Grilled Cheese Sandwich

The collards I planted in September survived winter. I've been craving them lately, especially with onions.The other night I found myself in a pinch. Determined not to eat out and to use ingredients on hand to make a quick meal, I peered into my fridge. An often overlooked jar of mango chutney begged me to pick it instead of mayo. I did and threw together a sandwich that satisfied my hunger.

Grilled Cheese Sandwich


You'll need approximately:
  • .5 cup collard greens, end stems removed
  • .25 cup chopped onion 
  • 1 tbs mild mango chutney
  • 2 slices Kraft Big Slice Colby & Monterrey Jack
  • Healthy Life 100% whole grain wheat bread
  • 1 tbs Smart Balance Spread
Place a slice of cheese on each slice of bread. Set aside. Preheat grill or panini press. Meanwhile, melt the spread in a saucepan over medium heat. Add the vegetables. Saute just until the collards are tender. Spread the chutney on top of the cheese slices. Place vegetables on top of one slice then place the assembled sandwich on your grill without applying too much pressure on the lid. Cook until crust has toasted to your desired level.

No comments :

Post a Comment